The Penn Stater Hotel and Conference Center • State College, Pennsylvania
Be a Part of Something Bigger for Botany!
REGISTER HERE NOW for Friday Workshops, evening Social, and all of Saturday’s Speakers.
Our 4th biennial Pennsylvania Botany Symposium will once again bring together a diverse audience from amateur to academic botanists, and those interested in the natural world in general. It is a unique occasion and time to share our work and celebrate our botanical heritage.
A committee of botanists from across the state is working hard to organize this event, rich with:
- hands-on workshop opportunities
- presenters who are leaders in the field
- opportunities for students to engage with professionals
Our invited speakers have been carefully selected to share their expertise. Research results will be presented, but at a level appropriate for an audience of diverse backgrounds. All of our invited speakers are experts with reputations for being engaging and entertaining:
- Keynote speaker Robbin Moran, Nathaniel Lord Britton Curator of Botany, New York Botanical Garden
- Kay Havens, Medard and Elizabeth Welch Director, Plant Science and Conservation, Chicago Botanic Garden
- John Wenzel, Director, Carnegie Museum of Natural History, Powdermill Nature Reserve
- Anne Francis, Lead Botanist, NatureServe
- Peter Wilf, Professor of Paleobotany, Penn State University
- Sybil Gotsch, Assistant Professor of Biology, Franklin and Marshall College
- Roger Latham, Ecologist/Conservation Biologist, Continental Conservation
The 2018 Symposium schedule includes:
- Friday, November 2 — full and half-day workshops
- Friday evening social with exhibitors, a student poster session, and an informal presentation
- Saturday, November 3 — full day of presentations on a variety of botanical topics including taxonomy, conservation, ecology, biology, history and floristics
Join our mailing list to receive developing Symposium details and news of other upcoming PA Botany events in your mailbox. You’ll find all of the latest details for what’s ahead on this site and our Facebook page.
Contact Form. Click here to go back to the top of the page.